Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail.

Monday, July 23, 2007

The long-ass week ahead

It's going to be a long week in the life of this little blogger. It's the first full, five-day work week I've put in all summer. I work one of those lovely salaried jobs that does not offer overtime for all the crazy hours I put in when we're busy, but it does offer "comp time."

I have a real love-hate relationship with this concept. When I'm still at work at 1 a.m. in April and I want to cry, I loathe the person who decided I shouldn't get paid for those extra hours. When it's the middle of summer and I'm able to cash in my time for lots and lots of time off, though, I feel a bit better about my situation.

Thing is, my accumulated hours are coming to an end and I'm having to watch my vacation time a bit more carefully. So ... at this desk I will sit for 40 long hours this week. It's not that I don't have work to do; it's just that the thought of actually doing work when it's 90 degrees, sunny and beach-tacular outside is very painful. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeek, that's no fun. Just plan something fun for the weekend, even if it's just a movie. That always helps me get through a tough week!