I'm trying to find a picture or an image to post that can accurately illustrate how oppressively, awfully HUMID it is in these parts this week. I know some of you deal with 100% humidity (and 100 degree temps) almost daily, but here in Minnesota, we didn't sign up for this kind of weather. We're cold-lovin' freaks who generally consider 75 degrees to be 'the dog days of summer.'
This week, going outside is like walking into an oven. No, an oven that's filled with boiling water, because the air is so thick you can literally see the moisture droplets in the air. I might as well have been running in the pool last night because that's how thick the air felt.
This, I'm certain, is hell on earth, and I wish Al Gore would solve global warming already so this crap would go away. It doesn't make me a happy person, or a happy runner.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I feel your pain sista! It's like that here all summer long.
ugh, humidity sucks. i always wonder how and why people colonized such parts of the country!
I can generally "handle" the hot/humid weather, but I can't STAND the headaches that come along with it for me.
I don't like humidity, but will take it over cold any day. Figure it makes you tougher as a runner, if you can slog through the humidity, think how great it is when the humidity breaks!
Post a Comment