You may notice the big goose egg next to "weekly miles" on my sidebar. You also may notice, a little further down on the sidebar, that I have a 10K tomorrow. No, this was not an intended taper, and the nagging fact that I haven't run all week is really adding to my overall stress level right now.
Although I haven't run all week, I feel like I've done about 4 marathons in the past two days. I am emotionally, physically and mentally drained after some of the bullshit that has transpired in my life this week. One major disaster paired with several little things have just wiped me out. (I did run about a mile on Tuesday but I cut it short AGAIN because of my shins. Add another little thing to piss me off this week ...)
Excuses aside, I did 6 miles last weekend pretty easily, so I'm not all that concerned about finishing tomorrow. I'm just hoping 1) my shins don't crumble from pain; 2) the crowds aren't so huge that I get myself all worked up about the "race atmosphere" and look like a moron after sprinting the first mile; and 3) I finish in a decent time. My goal is under 1:05.00; I think it's attainable.
I'd love to say I'm going to get back on track next week, but I know that's not reality. May is quite easily my busiest month at work and I know I will be working a lot of nights/weekends/etc. I've decided to do my best to keep up with regular work-outs and at least one longer run each week. If I maintain at least some stamina, I should be able to jump in and really concentrate on training in June, when my half and full marathons are a little closer.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, good luck in your 10K. Personally, I think a little undertraining is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe your shins got less inflammed/healed up with the rest. Ya never know, right?
I hope it goes well. Enjoy!
Good luck in your race, Krista! By all means, start out slow and finish strong. Don't worry about what everybody else is doing or the crowds. Run your race, but most of all, have a good time and come back here and tell us about it.
Did the planets align in some strange way this week, because it's been hellish for me as well.
Post a Comment